Tuesday 21 July 2009

David Haye thinks money will do more enough to land a Klitschko fight

David Haye is sure that he will still fight with Wladimir Klitschko or his brother Vitali.
David Haye remains positive his next clash will be for a world title, regardless of pulling out last week of his IBF and WBO world heavyweight title fight with Wladimir Klitschko. Haye, who will experience an inoculation in his backbone tomorrow as part of a three-week treatment programme for his back problem, believes his box-office clout will ensure he gets a chance against either Wladimir or his brother Vitali, who holds the WBC belt, by the end of the year.

Surely Haye does not seem to have a fall-back plan if a bout with a Klitschko does not arise. "It's the only fight I want: Haye v Klitschkos," he said. "That's what I am heavily pushing for. I will be ready by the end of July but if I have to wait another month or two for it to happen, I will do so."

Haye, who will tour to Germany to watch Klitchko fight Chagaev, has dismissed suggestions that he could have fought through the pain fence to fight for a world title. "I was shadow boxing last Tuesday at 10pm when my back unexpectedly went," he said. "I tried to move but there was nothing I could do. I was totally immobile. I couldn't pick things up. It hurts to bend down. It harms to lie down in bed. It's hurting to wash yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment