Thursday 15 October 2009

David Haye: I need to change


David Haye says he will have to adapt his style in order to conquer WBA heavyweight champion Nicolai Valuev on November 7.
The former unchallenged cruiserweight champion has always looked easy to hit, with low hands and a jutting chin, although a 21-1 record with 20 stoppage wins suggests otherwise.
However, against 7ft 2in Valuev the Brit recognises the need to be wary of getting caught by the Russian, who will be keen to make his massive physical superiority count.
"Come out there i expect there and actually try to assert his size on me, lean on me and use his very effective jab, which he's been working on a lot, and that's become a very effective tool for him," he said.
"So I expect him to come out there using those ramrod jabs, soften me up and throwing his trademark right upper cut and get me out of there.
"I'm expecting the best Nicolai Valuev to turn up and I've got a solution to anything he throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment