Saturday 19 February 2011

Haye still hopeful


Hope of fighting both Klitschko brothers has not been let down by boxer David Haye before he retires and say that he may just have to settle for Wladimir.

He is sticking by his plan to retire from the sport when he turns 31, but is still hoping for one last swansong,The WBA heavyweight champion told a Ringside special.

David shows his interest to fight with Wladimir Klitschko, who has the IBF and WBO belts and defends them both against Dereck Chisora in April.

To face Vitali is also my dream says the boxer,"In an ideal world, if I could have my little crystal ball and change people's opinions and minds and get Wladimir's people to do what I want them to do it would be Wladimir in the summer, then Vitali in September or early October," he told Ringside.

"But that's in an ideal world - and we don't live in an ideal world.

"In a realistic world, I have a mandatory challenge first. Whether that's (Ruslan) Chagaev or (Alexander) Povetkin, I wish I could give you an answer who it could be, but I don't know myself.

"Then I would fight in September or October against Wladimir. If he wants it, let's do it - I've said I would still be willing to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment